New Introduction to Navigation Course
This 1-day course delivered by UProjects qualified mountain leaders is suitable for both walkers and runners.
Aimed at people with no navigation experience, whether you have been relying on others or following well-defined paths or guidebooks. This course will give you the confidence you need to become more independent on the hills
- Plan your own routes
- Understand and visualise an Ordnance Survey map
- Learn how to use a compass to find your way
- Understand grid references
- Understand how to pace and time
- Feel more confident in the outdoors
- Learn new outdoor skills
- Know what to do if emergencies occur.
The day will start in the comfort of the Dovestone Sailing Club-House situated in the Chew Valley area of the Peak District National Park